anniecresta

Half-Minute Horrors

Half-Minute Horrors - Avi, Gail Carson Levine, Libba Bray, Joyce Carol Oates, James Patterson, Gregory Maguire, Lane Smith, Adele Griffin, Katherine Applegate, Jenny Nimmo, Jonathan Lethem, Tui T. Sutherland, Adam Rex, R.L. Stine, Michael Connelly, Jerry Spinelli, Gloria Whelan, Sarah Weeks, An How scared can I get in thirty seconds? Well, I decided to find out. I picked up this book upon seeing the words "half-minute". This greatly appealed to my fluctuating attention span, which that day was extremely short. Overall, the stories were good; some more than others. It was interesting to see some of the big name authors that had contributed. My favorite, and in my opinion the creepiest, was "At the Water's Edge". Something about the lack of information the reader is given coupled with that eerie ending was just plain spooky. Some of the stories were lackluster, and a few didn't make a whole lot of sense. Being half-minute stories, I finished this in a day. The overall book is aimed at the juvenile crowd. But it's a fun little read for those of us who suffer from the dreaded short attention span.

I, Robot